Quality Tech Level 2/Shipping Coordinator – Fulfillment
TITLE: Quality Tech Level 2/Shipping Coordinator – Fulfillment
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager & Fulfillment Operations Manager
BACKS UP: Quality Technician Level 1
BACKED UP BY: Quality Technician Level 1
DIRECT REPORTS: None
APPROVED BY: TITLE: President & CEO
DATE: REVISION DATE: November 11, 2016 __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This position requires performing responsibilities across two separate functions, Quality and Fulfillment Shipping and two separate locations, 4100 and Sample St. This position will receive direction from the Quality Manager regarding Quality responsibilities and the Fulfillment Operations Manager or designate regarding Fulfillment Shipping Responsibilities.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Quality The role of the Quality Tech is to help ensure that excellent product quality is delivered to Mossberg & Company customers. Shipping This position is responsible for the coordination of timely and accurate shipping and receiving of finished products and production materials. He/She ensures that we are in possession of complete and accurate documents related to materials and finished products being shipped, or stored. Picks products according to pick list, then assemble and/or packages picked items.
All employees of Mossberg & Company are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the Mossberg Core Values and Mission Statement at all times. She/he will help ensure customer satisfaction by adhering to a high standard of quality.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: Quality Completing the listed specific job responsibilities in a timely manner while ensuring the highest quality possible. Evaluation feedback will come from both internal and external (i.e. supplier scorecards) sources. Shipping To have a 100% accuracy on orders shipped.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: Quality Basic Reading Comprehension Light Industrial, Basic Industrial Math, Data Entry Inventory Database (ON Screen) Shipping – Shipping and Receiving Clerk Skills, Basic Warehouse Knowledge
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and requirements are essential job functions unless otherwise indicated.
- Measurement – 14% ð Shipping Responsibilities – 25%
- Measure product with optical comparator, digital caliper, Prepares all skids and cartons for scheduled shipments,
and micro-rule. including labeling, skid or carton preparation, and shipment
- Review and Inspection – 9% record keeping.
- Review job ticket for accuracy Moves materials from storage shelves to appropriate quick pick
- Review quality records for accuracy and pack.
- Final inspection and tag product Keeps the department manager informed of status and progress
- Resolving Quality Questions – 4% of work and of unusual problems.
- Calibration – 2% Checks the accuracy of all shipping documents. Traces lost or
- Maintain calibration system database delayed shipments; initiates claims for loss or damage. Audits
- Send out gauges for calibration plant shipping invoices for accuracy of commodity classification
- Maintain ISO and other training records and rates.
- Color Responsibilities – 1% Gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping
- Color test employees
- Make color standard books Ensures that shipping counts match packing documents. Ensures
- Color approval on press proper labels and tickets have been applied before shipping.
- Press sheet approval and color boards Assists in resolving any discrepancies.
- Cable and CD inspection Directs and oversees the pallet inventories and shipping materials.
- Inventory transfers Maintains good security habits at dock doors.
- Assists in loading and unloading trucks when necessary.
- Operates forklift as needed.
- PRODUCTION RESPONSIBILITIES… 40%
- Coordinate with Operations and Customer Service Representatives on daily workload requirements.
- Produce required ship labels to meet daily production levels within multiple systems (i.e. FedEx, UPS, IBS Portal).
- Enter completed jobs from multiple production lines into Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Issue parts on completed jobs into the Warehouse Managed System (WMS).
- Notify Customer Service Representative, as necessary, when completed jobs have been entered into the WMS for orders to be created.
- Maintenance – 5%
- Maintains warehouse in clean and orderly fashion
- Maintains good security habits at dock door
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Quality/Shipping High School Graduate or GED or combination of education and experience
- Shipping One to three years shipping and warehousing experience
- SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Able to use measuring devices (i.e. calipers, optical Shipping Layout skills
comparator, etc.) 2. Skill in the set up & maintenance of electronic typesetting
- Able to accurately complete paperwork and data entry Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job tickets, regulations Strong Communication Skills
and other printed materials
- Strong attention to detail
- Task oriented
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
to travel between Mossberg & Company’s two locations
- EQUIPMENT USED
- Microsoft Word and Excel Pallet Mover
- Ability to learn PrintStream Forklift
- Optical comparator
- PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL
Individuals may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects (computer and machinery); and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Routinely lifts and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to sit and use computer 2-4 hours per day.
- Must be able to tolerate smelling of and breathing in chemical fumes
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other work-related tasks as assigned or requested by management. The job description is simply a communication tool and is subject to change as the needs prevail. This document is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
If Interested, fill out a Job Opportunity form and return to HR by 11/30/16!