TITLE: Shipping Clerk
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
BACKS UP: Warehouse Material Handler
BACKED UP BY: Warehouse Material Handler
DIRECT REPORTS: None
APPROVED BY: TITLE: Fulfillment Operations Manager
DATE: REVISION DATE: May 2014
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: This position is responsible for the coordination of timely and accurate shipping and receiving of finished products and production materials. He/She ensures that we are in possession of complete and accurate documents related to materials and finished products being shipped, or stored. Picks products according to pick list, then assemble and/or packages picked items.
All employees of Mossberg & Company are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the Mossberg Core Values and Mission Statement at all times. She/he will help ensure customer satisfaction by adhering to a high standard of quality.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: To have a 100% accuracy on orders shipped
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: Basic Reading Light Industrial, Shipping and Receiving Clerk Skills, and Basic Warehouse Knowledge
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and requirements are essential job functions unless otherwise indicated.
- Shipping Responsibilities – 90%
- Prepares all skids and cartons for scheduled shipments, including labeling, skid or carton preparation, and shipment record keeping.
- Moves materials from storage shelves to appropriate quick pick and pack
- Keeps the department manager informed of status and progress of work and of unusual problems.
- Checks the accuracy of all shipping documents. Traces lost or delayed shipments; initiates claims for loss or damage. Audits plant shipping invoices for accuracy of commodity classification and rates.
- Gathers and maintains all data and records relative to shipping activities.
- Ensures that shipping counts match packing documents. Ensures proper labels and tickets have been applied before shipping.
- Assists in resolving any discrepancies.
- Directs and oversees the pallet inventories and shipping materials
- Maintains good security habits at dock doors.
- Assists in loading and unloading trucks when necessary.
- Operates forklift as needed
- Maintenance –
- Maintains warehouse in clean and orderly fashion
- Maintains good security habits at dock door
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED or combination of education and experience
- One to three years of shipping and warehousing experience
- SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Layout skills
- Skill in the set up and maintenance of electronic typesetting
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong communication Skills
- MACHINERY USED
- Pallet Mover
- PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL
Individuals may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects (computer and machinery); and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Routinely lifts and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to sit and use computer 2-4 hours per day.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to tolerate smelling of and breathing in chemical fumes
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other work-related tasks as assigned or requested by management. The job description is simply a communication tool and is subject to change as the needs prevail. This document is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.