Mossberg & Company Hiring: Full Time Production Planner
Mossberg & Company
TITLE: Production Planner
|REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager|
|DEPARTMENT: Sales & Marketing
STATUS: Full Time
DIRECT REPORTS: None
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Plans and manages production schedules to ensure 100% on-time delivery of all customer orders.
All employees of Mossberg and company are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the Mossberg Core Values and Mission Statement at all times. She/he will help ensure customer satisfaction by adhering to a high standard of quality.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: To support the needs of sales and our customers by managing work through production and outside vendors to meet due dates and quality expectations.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: Math and Reasoning Skills, Analytical Skills
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and requirements are essential job functions unless otherwise indicated.
- Receives job specification information packet from customer service and analyzes sales orders with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Determines the most efficient production plan to achieve customer needs
- Interfaces with production and purchasing personnel on material status and production planning issues
- Confirm that all job required materials
- Estimating…10 %
- Confirm any identified supplier or internal errors have been resolved so as to mitigate any schedule discrepancies.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, specifications, and related documents.
- Assist as needed with estimates assigned by the Customer Service Manager
- Special projects as assigned
May be required to perform other duties as directed by the Customer Service Manager and/or the Vice-President-Sales & Marketing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires a B.S. Degree in a technical field,
- or 5 to 10 years of progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities,
- or combination of the both
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Possess strong oral and written communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Must possesss strong problem solving skills, ability to formulate different solutions to a problem and ascertain the best solution
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong mathematical skills
- General office equipment
PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIA JOB FUNCTIONS
Individuals may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Routinely lifts and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to sit and use computer 4 – 6 hours per day
- Must be able to travel regionally and on occasions to other states
- Must be able to tolerate breathing and/or smelling of fumes
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee may be required to perform other work-related tasks as assigned or requested by management. The job description is simply a communication tool and is subject to change as the needs prevail. This document is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com