5 Benefits of Web to Print
And that’s why Mossberg & Company—and any printing company worth its salt—long ago embraced the opportunities presented by E-commerce to help customers develop carefully planned, flexible solutions that reach their target audiences using a variety of media. Contrary to what we heard 15-20 years ago, print is not dead. It’s not even on life support. Print has simply evolved into being one of the tools marketers use to draw consumers to their products.
To prove the point, we found a survey conducted by IPC Media of the United Kingdom to be of special interest. Analzying the impact of magazines, IPC commissioned a survey of 3,500 consumers and found that:
• 89% of consumers are inspired by printed magazines, more than digital editions, online, mobile apps or social media
• Print had more influence over actual purchases than the other media
• Print was substantially more effective in generating word-of-mouth buzz among readers over the other media
That said, we would never deny the impact of the internet on today’s buying decisions. According to Pew Reasearch, nearly 60% of people over the age of 65 work or shop online, a 6% increase over 2013. And 47% of those seniors have broadband connection at home. Of course, these numbers will continue to grow as the population ages.
When developing a marketing strategy, regardless of the demographic you’re targeting, we can’t stress strongly enough the importance of getting your print provider involved early in the game. We can work with you to identify and develop dynamic and cost-effective ways that best fit your needs.
Some of the benefits of “web to print” solutions include:
1. Reaching a variety of audiences through an array of channels such as email campaigns, mailers, postcards or brochures targeted for individual recipients
2. Increasing your response rates
3. Creating a one-on-one experience with your customers with customized solutions like Personalized URLs (PURLs)
4. Featuring your branding in a digital storefront and allowing users to order personalized marketing materials directly from their laptop, phone or tablet
5. Tracking and improving the effectiveness of your campaign through customized reports available in real time
“Web to print” is the result of a marriage of terrific technologies—the convenience and speed of the internet linking hands with the benefits of the printed document. All with the objective of helping you reach more customers and strengthening your bottom line. What’s not to love about that?