Mossberg & Company Hiring Offset Press 2nd Operator
TITLE: Offset Press 2nd Operator
DEPARTMENT: Press Room
REPORTS TO: Print Operations Manager
|STATUS: Full Time
|BACKED UP BY: Head Pressman
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for performing quality of work and efficient operation of the press. Performs preventative maintenance, and ensures the press is maintained in a clean, organized manner.
All employees of Mossberg & Company are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the Mossberg Core Values and Mission Statement at all times. She/he will help ensure customer satisfaction by adhering to a high standard of quality.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: To meet or exceed monthly budget production projections.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: Basic Industrial Math, Mechanical Reasoning, and Color Vision
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and requirements are essential job functions unless otherwise indicated.
- Machine Operator …90%
- Operation of 6-color CD or 12-color perfecting press, or 8-color perfecting press
- Understanding of the set-up and operation of various presses
- Sets up press based on information from the job ticket
- Understand the purpose and function of vast knowledge of CPC 24 and image control. Ink temperature controls, densitometers, and spectrophotometer
- Monitors color density and diagnoses and corrects problems associated with controlling and maintaining appropriate color
- Pulls press sheets out of the press run and inspects for defects with appropriate instruments
- Operate Forklift
- Maintenance …10%
- Responsible for ensuring that the press is maintained in a clean and organized manner
- Ensure that “Basic Wash-up Procedures” are followed before leaving for the day
- Ensure that preventative maintenance is performed properly, accurately, and according to TPM schedule
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Degree or GED
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two year or technical college or equivalent experience or combination of the both
- SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Possess 4 years of multi-color press experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of ink mixing and accurate color reproduction during printing
- Strong understanding of the application of water based coating and Anilox/Chamber Doctor Blade systems
- Strong understanding of the application of UV based coating Anilox/Chamber Doctor Blade systems across a wide variety of substrates including plastics and foils (6 color only)
- Strong understanding of G7 methodology
- Strong problem solving skills on press
- Strong understanding of prepress and the ability to make plates if needed
- Must strong reading comprehension skills in order to read and understand the job ticket,
- MACHINERY USED
- 6-color CD or 12-color perfecting press, or 8-color perfecting press
- General office equipment
- Operate Forklift
- PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL
Individuals may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Required; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Routinely lifts and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Must be able to tolerate smelling and breathing in chemical fumes
- WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org