Mossberg & Company Hiring IT Support Technician
TITLE: IT Support Technician
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Corporate Improvement
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Improvement the IT Support Technician will support the company’s technology infrastructure. This individual will be responsible for working successfully in a team environment providing high quality customer support including installing, configuring, repairing and upgrading computer and printer hardware, software and peripherals. Due to the nature of this position confidentiality, honesty and integrity will be required at the highest level.
All employees of Mossberg and company are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the Mossberg Core Values and Mission Statement at all times. She/he will help ensure customer satisfaction by adhering to a high standard of quality.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: (Software specific to Mossberg, Analytical Skills Assessment, Highest Degree of Integrity
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and requirements are essential job functions unless otherwise indicated.
1. Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software and peripheral equipment and/or applications.
2. Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operations to resolve problems, including research to resolve.
3. Set up equipment for employee use, and train on use.
4. Movement between multiple warehouse locations required, sometimes daily.
1. Oversee and observe functioning of computer systems to verify correct operations and detect errors.
2. Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
3. Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken.
4. Proactively create and follow maintenance transactions.
5. Maintain all documentation for network infrastructure, including hardware, software and servers.
A. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience or certification.
B. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. Ability to work independently
2. Ability to multi-task
3. Superb oral and written communication skills
4. Strong organizational skills
5. Detail oriented
C. SOFTWARE PROFICIENCIES
1. Familiarity with troubleshooting and commands
2. Windows 2007/2008/2013
3. Office Suites 2007/2013
1. Linux troubleshooting & commands
2. Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Windows 7, Windows 8
D. PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL
Individuals may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
• The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects (computer and machinery); and talk or hear.
• Frequently required to walk.
• Required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Routinely lifts and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to sit and use computer 2-4 hours per day.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
• Must be able to tolerate smelling of and breathing in chemical fumes.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive between sites.
E. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
If interested please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org