| TITLE: Executive Assistant
STATUS: Full Time
REPORTS TO: President & CEO and Human Resources Coordinator
BACKED UP BY:
|DIRECT REPORTS: None|
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Assist the President & CEO and the Human Resources Coordinator with daily business needs by performing the duties listed below.
All employees of Mossberg & Company are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the Mossberg Core Values and Mission Statement at all times. She/he will help ensure customer satisfaction by adhering to a high standard of quality.
- Provide administrative support to the President & CEO and the Human Resources Coordinator, while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Detail Oriented.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Office Math; and Office Grammar and Spelling.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and requirements are essential job functions unless otherwise indicated.
- Support – President & CEO – 50%
- Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, composes and types correspondence, reads and routes incoming mail, and performs other administrative and clerical duties.
- Maintains and assists in organizing the President’s business schedule (reviewed and updated daily).
- Runs business errands for the President as needed.
- Plans conferences and meetings i.e. food, refreshments, room, seating, A/V equipment etc.
- Directs preparation of records such as notices, minutes, and resolutions for stockholders and directors’ meetings.
- Acts as custodian of corporate documents and records.
- Maintains Corporate Flight records and corresponds with pilot and leasees.
- Support – Human Resources – 50%
- Keeps Employee Information Center updated.
- Organizes company events and parties.
- Assist in the recruiting process: updating job descriptions, posting open positions, interviewing, testing candidates, and checking references, etc.
- Assists in keeping the Emergency Action Plans updated.
- Assists in keeping the Employee Emergency Contact information updated.
- Run business errands for the Human Resources Coordinator as needed.
- Assist in New Hire Administration: collate Employee Handbook and new hire packets, drug testing, make new employee files (personnel and medical), etc.
Other duties may be assigned.
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or university program certificate preferred;
- Two to four years related experience and/or training;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Must possess intermediate level of proficiency with spreadsheets and word processing programs.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Work creatively with a team.
- Business acumen.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to changing needs, and work consistently.
- Must be able to communicate clearly – orally and in writing – with internal staff and external people (customers, general public, etc.).
- Must possess solid problem solving skills.
- SOFTWARE PROFICIENCIES
- Microsoft Excel, Office, PowerPoint, and Word.
- PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL
Individuals may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects (computer and machinery); and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to sit and use computer 6-8 hours per day.
- Must be able to travel locally on occasion.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other work-related tasks as assigned or requested by management. This posting is simply a communication tool and is subject to change as the needs prevail. This document is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com