Mossberg & Company
TITLE: Customer Service Representative – Fulfillment
REPORTS TO: Customer Service Manager
|DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
STATUS: Full Time
BACKED UP BY: Customer Service Manager BACKS UP:
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Customer Service Representative – Fulfillment serves as the primary day to day contact for assigned clients. This position is responsible for managing client’s jobs form implementation through invoicing. Key activities include maintaining excellence communication with client and internal support teams, attention to detail, ability to perform as part of a team and willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client expectations.
All employees of Mossberg & Company are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the Mossberg Core Values and Mission Statement at all times. She/he will help ensure customer satisfaction by adhering to a high standard of quality.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS: To support the needs of sales and our customers by managing work through production and outside vendors to meet due dates and quality expectations.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTING: Customer Service Rep, Office Math, and Business Etiquette
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and requirements are essential job functions unless otherwise indicated.
- Customer Relations Responsibilities – 90%
- Support of our fulfillment, e-commerce, and marketing solutions includes, but is not limited to: resolving username/password problems, monitoring and assisting with order fulfillment issues.
- Establish jobs in PrintStream Management system. Create item numbers, receive, adjust or move inventory as needed in Veracore.
- Assign jobs numbers and generate appropriate job tickets.
- Coordinate with clients and production departments between both facilities (Technology Drive and Sample Street).
- Coordinate the identification and purchase of all necessary supplies prior to and during the execution of jobs.
- Assist in conceptualization and implementation of design elements related to our development environment.
- Monitor and interact with clients and perform related work as required.
- Primary contact for all order inquiries, changes, questions, updates, template, implementation, and website questions.
- Maintain appropriate level of customer contact to ensure the highest service level
- Interact with Accounting to resolve billing, shipping, and postage-related issues.
- Proactively consult with clients on alternate methods of processing work to maximize efficiency
- Recommends measures to improve procedural methods and quality of service. Suggest changes in staff utilization or requirements, work areas, use of computers or systems to improve efficiency.
- Miscellaneous Responsibilities – 10%
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- College degree or equivalent work experience or
- Two to three years related experience years or combination of both.
- Must have experience in working directly with customers/clients/vendors.
- SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Possess strong oral and written communication.
- Understanding of the printing and production process.
- Must possess advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel. Enterprise production / estimating software experience is helpful.
- Must possess solid problem solving skills.
- Must possess ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- EQUIPMENT USED
- General office equipment
- PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Individuals may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others. Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodation.
1 The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects
- Frequently required to walk.
- Required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Routinely lifts and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to sit and use computer 4 – 6 hours per day.
- Must be able to travel regionally and on occasions to other states.
- Must be able to tolerate breathing and/or smelling of fumes.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other work-related tasks as assigned or requested by management. This posting is simply a communication tool and is subject to change as the needs prevail. This document is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
If interested, fill out a Job Opportunity Form and return it to HR by August 31, 2016.